U

Sunday, August 6th, 2023 6:09 PM

Closed

[Edited]

xfinity mobile is charging me illegally for a phone they forgot to not activate when I was told the phone wasn’t eligible for activation because it was still locked in with Att. They are saying I still owe the $300. We need to [Edited: Solicitation]

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

11 months ago

Hello, @user_0e4ec0. It's important to us that you're all set with your Xfinity Mobile services. To be sure I understand; you had mentioned bringing a phone over from AT&T which is locked.  Is it locked because it has a $300 balance remaining with AT&T? In addition to being compatible, your device also needs to be unlocked. Carriers often lock the devices they sell so they won't work on other networks. Your device may also be locked if you still owe money on it, but you can usually unlock your device once you've paid it off.  

I also wanted to share the steps to activate your phone with Xfinity Mobile using self-service options. And, important information about bringing your own device (BYOD) to Xfinity Mobile.

1 Message

[Edited: "Soliciation"]. I signed up for internet. (Over the phone after Ian destroyed my home) I’ve been being charged for internet AND XFINITY MOBILE ever since. Over $500 in service for mobile that I never received. Nothing activated!! My bank found the fraud! Xfinity won’t refund…

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

@user_wq8dxl

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Please reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team with the options below. 

Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

I am now getting overcharged as well. I have had it with this company after ripping me off in the first place with some deal I never got. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hi there, @user_6b8c53 I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get you taken care of. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?-Richard

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

I've called your 888 number, and was called a liar by the person on the phone.   I was assured that i signed the document so i must have read all of the fine print, which no one does.  I was told nothing could be done, so I asked to speak with a supervisor, and then after hours of waiting on hold for a supervisor, the line hung up as soon as i was transferred, and the supervisor didn't have the decency to call me back after the call disconnected instantly when they got on.  

Then i went into a location, and was also called a liar by the person behind the counter.  

I was called rude and yelled at by the person behind the counter (summer from a location here in salt lake city - murray UT to be exact) because she asked me why I didn't notice my bill being higher in the past year and it's my fault for not paying attention to my bill,

and I told her

"I'm on autopay.  I don't check on autopay... that's why i sign up for it.  I assume the company that sold me my stuff isn't lying to me about what they sold me."

she then barked at me, and told me she would not have me being rude to her.  This was after she told me that i'm a liar and I should read the fine print.  I walked out and i'm ready to not only cancel my xfinity mobile for around $200 a month, but i'm also ready to cancel my internet business service which is $400 a month.  

She could care less that over the past 10 years between personal and business we've spent $40k with your company, and i'm called a liar about a $500 phone I don't want or need, that i was told was free, and forced to take in the first place even though I said i didn't need or want it.  

I then had to pay $80 just to cancel my $25 a month line that I never even needed or wanted in the first place.  

If there's something you can actually do to resolve this situation, i'm all ears, but if not, I will be cancelling both mobile and business internet immediately, and you will lose about $7,000 a year from me and my company.  

Official Employee

• 

583 Messages

Good Afternoon, @user_r9wa2r

I am very sorry to hear about the experience your Xfinity Mobile service, it certainly is not what we want for our customers. We would be happy to dig into the concerns fully with you and ensure everything is resolved. Can you please send us a DM to get started? 

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

8 months ago

Xfinity mobile was charging for a service I never used from 2021 to early 2023.  When I found out, I gave them a call and they were able to verify that the service was never used and promised me a refund.  Fast forward, I never got any refund and I called them multiple time to check on the status, every time they tell me to wait.  Today I gave them a call again and please guess what the regional manager Paul told me.  "Your case was cancelled because it was more than 6 month ago".  So to get this straight, you guys  promise for a refund of $750 then wait it out till it times out so it perfectly fits the refund policy ( POL1282 )?  How this does not violate Virginia Consumer Protection Laws?   We really need to file a class action lawsuit like the other person is saying, regardless I am considering legal actions. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there @user_cy5u6d

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

1 Message

8 months ago

They sent me a phone I never excepted and charged me 220$ a month for it they won't do anything about it my son only used the phone on wifi and I was told that because we didn't turn off Mobil data it was still using it 🤯 a phone on wifi still using data how does that work? It's such a big scam I'm ready for class action lawsuit! I can't even understand the person I speck to and the supervisor is always to busy to talk!? Anyway what happened was I Start a chat with xfinity to try to lower my internet bill. The lady on the chat was pressuring me to get a phone. She sent me some link as I was reading over the paperwork on the link. She says I just need your confirmation. And then she says oh, I've received a confirmation.  My response to her was. I didn't confirm anything. I don't know if I want the phone still. I was sent the phone anyways. I was told if I activated it. It would lower my bill and my bill will be $87 a month for the phone. Am I internet no, I'm being charged 90 something dollars a month for internet and $220.  For a phone I didn't even want plus I have to pay for the phone itself. No one will listen to me. They all treat me like i'm crazy and they won't give me my money back

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi, @user_xy7dvr! We appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968 in addition to reaching out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

1 Message

7 months ago

This is what is happening to me initially I wanted internet through the ACP. Unfortunately I made the mistake of accepting their bundle offer that would allow me to get internet and mobile for $25. They dropped the ball on the ACP and was billing me the full amount of both internet and mobile. Overdrawing my account. They don't take responsibility. They lie saying they are going to open a ticket to resolve the issue. No ticket so that was a lie. They lie saying that the supervisor is in a meeting, not available, helping other customers and that they will give me a call back. No call, no ticket and no escalation. Everyone keeps passing me to other people. I've probably made over 100 calls from June 2023 to now. I get people from all over the world except no people from the U.S. I've gotten Jamaica, Thailand, Colombia, Indonesia, Phillipines. Everyone promises to help but they blame another department and transfer me to another agent that tells me the same. Over the last 3 days I've talked to well over 12 people that promise to help and nada. They pressured me to get on repayment plan with hopes that they resolve the issues and even when I made a payment on that they still cut my service. I tried to reach headquarters but from what I am receiving they have no headquarters. 

Official Employee

• 

980 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_90c81s. I am very sorry to hear of that experience for your billing issues. I would be happy to look into the issues with the internet billing for you from here. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? For the Mobile billing issue you would need to reach the Mobile team at the https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile site.

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 months ago

[Edited: "Soliciation"] "free phones" which aren't free. Beyond that, the people at the comcast center gave me tech support numbers which were actually numbers for high-pressure [Edited: "Inflammatory"].  

(edited)

5 Messages

5 months ago

Had the same problem of being overcharged for services I did not receive. After being on numerous grueling customer service calls trying to get this resolved to absolutely no avail, my money got sent to the debt collector. Once I posted here, I was able to get help.

It took me a whopping 6 months to resolve these issues and get my refund to my bank account. Highly recommend that you all document every interaction as customer service (on the phone and on the app) will try to gaslight you! The support from this public platform seems to be the only way of recourse, but I'm happy that there even was a recourse.

Also, remember to remove any saved payment methods at your earliest convenience! I'm trying to remove my saved payments so that XFinity cannot rob me again and cost me several additional hours of my life to get a refund. However, the website has restricted my access to the "Payment Methods" page and I'm unable to remove the saved payments. I have no more subscriptions to Xfinity. There should be no reason for me to have any payment methods saved. Yet, the website is not allowing me to unsave anything. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here