U

Wednesday, June 19th, 2024 8:20 PM

Denied trade in credit

Sent in a perfect iPhone 13 for a $830 credit towards the 15. Got notified that it was rejected because of physical damage, this is ridiculous since it has no damage of any kind. I’m waiting to see if I get it back and what condition it is in. If there is damage it’s from the trade in company. Now I’m out the trade in credit and a phone that I’m not likely to ever see again. The XFINITY online chat is completely useless. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 months ago

@user_wb3tjq I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re provided the best support possible! Can you tell me a little more about your mobile concern. Who is the trade in company you sent your phone to? 

3 Messages

It was through Assurant. I’ve been back to the XFINITY mobile store and they can’t believe the phone was rejected either. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reporting back to us and letting us know that it was through Assurant @user_wb3tjq. Have you received the phone back yet? If so, was there any damage to it that there wasn't previously? Or, do you have any photos of how the phone was before you sent it in? Rest assured, our team wants to do everything we can to help with this and make it right.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

I received it back in the same perfect condition that it was when I sent it in. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for confirming that @user_wb3tjq, that's definitely strange that it was rejected for being damaged even though you received it back still in the same perfect condition. We'd be happy to submit a ticket over to our dedicated Executive Mobile team for further assistance with this. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account?

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here