U

Saturday, August 10th, 2024 8:47 PM

deceptive trade practices bait and switch

I received the attached ad from Xfinity "Trade-in offer. iphone 15 on us." I made an appointment at our local store and the sales person explained: 1.  "on us" did not mean free - which is of course the accepted and expected use of the phrase "on us". 2. He would need to collect my current phone from me and send it out to a 3rd party for evaluation. 3. I could pick out and leave with a new iphone 15 today - but would not know how much I owed Xfinity for the new phone until the external evaluation was completed in a few days. Hmmm and Wow. So instead of an iphone15 being offer "on us" (accepted usage meaning free) I would be charged some as yet unknowable amount. 

I expect to be contacted by a customer service manager meaning live human on when I can receive my free "on us" iphone15 as advertised. 

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

2 months ago

@user_yhhc3d
Thank you for your post! I am sorry for the confusion about the "On Us" promotion. Most of what the in-store rep said is correct. We do need to send the trade-in to a 3rd party company, Assurant. As long as the phone is in good condition and meets the requirements listed in the "Pricing & other info" link in the email you received, you will receive monthly credits that equal the device payment amount as long as the new phone is active on that line. If the device does not meet the criteria (determined by our partner, Assurant), you will receive a quote for the trade-in and have the option to cancel the order. 

Please, let us know if you have any other questions!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here