jca001's profile

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Sunday, February 25th, 2024 7:47 PM

carrier unlock

I purchased (paid in full) a new iPhone 15 PRO on 02-07-2024 from xfinity to replace an older iPhone that the battery needed replacing and did not support eSIMS. I needed a phone with eSIM support because I will be traveling out of the country on vacation and wanted to use an eSIM in that region instead of paying xfinity $10 a day, which will be over $200 for the trip. The regional eSIM is $37 for 10G for 30 days.

They say they cannot unlock the phone because their policy states the phone has to be paid for (which it is) and on their network for over 60 days and 2 billing cycles. Non of this was stated when I purchased the pone. I escalated the request to a supervisor and all they could do is read me the same policy statement. I said, there has to be a way that a supervisor can override this because the phone is fully paid for (it belongs to me, not xfinity), all payments for services are automatically paid, so they are not going to loose any money.

The supervisor is going to escalate my request for an override, but that is going to take 24 to 48 hours. I leave 02-26-2024.

I am not trying to change carriers in general, I just want to add a second eSIM while I am traveling in another country.

Has anybody else had this problem or knows how to get an override?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

Congratulations on your new phone, and thank you for choosing Xfinity Mobile, @jca001! Our Xfinity Mobile Team can help with all things Xfinity Mobile including any possible workarounds, if available. You can reach our Xfinity Mobile team by calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reach out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where a Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here