U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 14th, 2024 2:40 PM

Can't unlock phone

I can't unlock a xfinity phone that I have a friend who is in need.

The phone that I gave her was paid off over a year ago maybe 2 years. 

I called customer support, they had me on the phone for a hour telling me that I had to wait while they sent signals and whatever, during the wait time they tried to sell me another phone. Then gave me a code to put in the phone in 24 hours. A hour later I recieved a email stating that they couldn't unlock the phone because it was already unlocked. It is not unlocked! I paid over $1000 for a phone that's being held hostage! 

I've read several complaints from others that have gone through the same issue and I'm wondering how xfinity is able to get away with this. Now I'm wondering if I should switch providers for myself since this seems to be a common practice with this company. 

Official Employee

• 

782 Messages

2 months ago

Hello user_727644. I understand the importance of needing a phone unlocked to help your friends. Have you reached out to Xfinity Mobile instant chat? They will have the resources needed to get your phone unlocked.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Yes. Was in the phone for an hour with them. Given a code that I had to wait an hour to put in. Then recieved a email saying that they couldn't help me because the phone was already unlocked. 

Official Employee

• 

782 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for letting us know what is going on user_727644. We can can take a closer look at this. Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here