U

Thursday, August 15th, 2024 7:51 PM

Can't get my phone unlocked by Xfinity

It seems my phone is being held hostage as it only works for them. I bought my own phone paid in full, brand new before BYOD onto Xfinity Mobile years ago. I've moved and service at new home is spotty so I want to change to whatever everyone else in the neighborhood is using. First attempt to unlock, talking with an agent to unlock, it did not work. No email or explanation. Second time again on the phone with an agent, I end up hours later with a generic response with the email with link for conditions to unlock (I meet all the conditions). Third time, the agent tells me the reason is because of some other carrier has it locked before bringing it to Xfinity. However, it was bought brand new and I haven't had any other carrier. Its locked and I'm currently using it on Xfinity yet they cannot unlock it. I clearly can't reach out to anybody else unlock it. And yet after telling the agent this information, I'll continue to get the same response from the same agent like a robot. Can anyone help?

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

2 months ago

user_qij7zv thank you for taking the time to reach out today, I would be more than happy to look into options for your mobile device. Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to get started. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here