U

Friday, May 3rd, 2024 10:05 PM

Cannot enter Comcast password on new iPhone; cannot set up Comcast email on new iPhone, using same log-in and password used on prior iPhone

On my new iPhone, after restoring data etc., Comcast email asks for a password, and then does not recognize it and refuses to allow me to set up my Comcast email. I tried deleting the account and re-adding it. This did not fix the prolem. The tech at the Apple Store told me that this is a common problem with Cpmcast/Xfinity email but did not know  of a solution or work round. My gmail account works fine. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

5 months ago

user_cajcgd Thank you so much for your post on accessing your Comcast email on your iPhone iOS, you need to set the password in two places for the incoming server, and then again for the outgoing SMTP server. Go to "Settings" on the home screen, then scroll down to" Mail, Contacts, Calendars", click on the account, and then on the next screen tap the "account" again. Scroll down to "SMTP" and tap that. Then tap "smtp.comcast.net". On the next screen, you will see the password. Change it and then tap "Done" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. I would also recommend logging in to your Xfinity email on your PC going to email settings > Security and making sure Third Party Access Security is enabled.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ Dear Amanda, as of this morning my iphone stopped getting my new comcast mail. After I re-entered my password into Comcast email settings, I keep getting this message. I deleted my Comcast account and tried to add it again. Does not work. Getting the same error message. Please help

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@yfmega12345 Welcome to our community forum! Thank you for reaching out to my team so we can help you with your Email account. Are you able to access your Email through our website?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Dear CAJCGD, did you fix this issue? I am having similar problem on my iphone 12 as of this morning

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here