U

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2024 5:24 PM

Cancel trade in

I'm a new Xfinity Mobile customer. I'm buying two lines of service and two homes. I was pushed by an Xfinity agent on 09/23/24 it was the last day on a promo for iPhone 25 Promax. I ordered two and to transfer our current numbers. My son had a Samsung to trade in and was offered $850. The next day a new promo came out for the 16 Promax. Of course I wanted to change. I was told to refuse delivery. I did and through a long series of calls the phones got to the warehouse and were credited. My problem is that my son's trade in was used for the 15 so the imie was used. A "ticket" was created by Xfinity on 09/23/24 to cancel the trade in so we can order the 16. I have spent hours on calls to Xfinity and can't get this simple task completed . I'm not able to order the new phones/service and apparently my son lost his $850 trade in. I'm so frustrated. Any advice? Thanks 

2 Messages

15 days ago

This is yet another example of a poor trade-in experience with Xfinity Mobile. I’ve had a similar case and have spent a lot of time and energy on continuous calls and chats to get it resolved. However, it's still pending, and now I believe this might be a deliberate scam they use to take our old phones for free. I’ll keep fighting and raising complaints not just for my case but for others in similar situations. I’ve witnessed multiple fraudulent attempts related to trade-ins by the Xfinity Mobile team. Even though they use Assurant as a third party, I still believe it's Xfinity Mobile's responsibility.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

14 days ago

user_gqevj1 Hi there. I would want the best promotional offer as well! Were you able to get this sorted out?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here