U

Wednesday, September 4th, 2024 5:14 AM

Byod phone is now network locked to xfinity mobile

I brought my own device and even you guys say that it is unlocked it is not unlocked my phone says it's locked if I put a new SIM card in it won't accept it if I try to download a new e SIM card it says it won't work it is Network locked unlock it like it should be like it was before... plus it says I'm eligible for an upgrade but you won't even give me a free phone so that's just stupid. 

Official Employee

• 

560 Messages

23 days ago

Hey there, @user_n8705i. That would be quite frustrating not being able to use your mobile device as you intended to. Have you had the chance to reach out to our awesome reps in our Xfinity Mobile department for assistance? 

2 Messages

Yes and no, I've been trying chat, but getting no where and I've already spend actual days getting my xfinity voice # ported over to xfinity, and the same with xfinity mobile only I never got that number ported over...

Tl;Dr 

I have already spent 60+ HOURS on phone with xfinity with little to no progress everytime, I'm also not getting my $100 (10/month) for byod either... I'm just to the point of cutting my losses and paying $125 to unlock my phone (again) and move, gateway fiber is literally in my neighborhood laying fiber optic. I think it's a sign to move compo.. I've spent entirely too much of my time on this, if I were getting paid for working with customer service... I'd be owed upwards of a $1,000 lol

Official Employee

• 

287 Messages

@user_n8705i I can see there has been a lot of time invested in getting all of your mobile issues resolved. I'm going to help ensure all of the issues are addressed and get you in touch with the team that will get that done. To do that please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here