ww8944's profile

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

Sunday, December 31st, 2023 6:50 AM

Closed

brand new phone needs repairs

I just bought my first smartphone. I bought a Samsung galaxy S23, at the Merrillville store. It is a busy place, and obviously they don't have a lot of time to spend with any one customer, so I had to learn the little bit I do know about it by myself. 

I noticed last week, I was unable to get the red number on the voicemail icon. Also, when I clicked the icon on, it mentioned something about visual voice mail, and when I clicked continue, it said to contact xfinty mobile.

This began two days of spending hours on the phone with xfinity, and another two hours waiting in the store, and being dealt with. I was told the problem was due to a "upgrade" from Samsung, and that it should be back to normal in "a couple of days". 

It was a relatively minor problem, and I could still use the voicemail, I just didn't like the idea of having a brand new phone developing problems after less than three weeks of use. Of the about six or seven Xfinity employees I dealt with either on the phone or in person at the store. only two mentioned the "upgrade". The others tried hard to correct the problem, but were frustrated. I felt they did their best. However, when I finally gave in and called Samsung, they said there was no such upgrade, and after taking remote control of the phone (the best way to find problems IMHO) I could have waited days for this "upgrade". They referred me to a technician who specializes in cell phones. I'll be taking the phone in there Tuesday, Jan 2, three days from now.

I'm not a very easy-going guy, I was really upset over getting different stories and never really finding out the problem until I called Samsung. That phone sytem of Xfinity's, you have to ignore the bot voice and keep repeating "representative, representative"until they finally get somebody, and in this case, they tried but failed to solve the problem. Hopefully it is fixed and no more problems, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here