U

Friday, August 18th, 2023 6:42 AM

Closed

Being charged for a device I never activated.

Hello I am in need of some help here. In Dec of 2020 I ordered my daughter an Ipad online through xfinity. My device payment was just under 20.00 , protection plan was 12.00 and a 10.00 line fee per month were to be my charges. I never activated this device and went physically to xfinity store and told them my daughter was going to just use our home wifi for the ipad and I was told I would still be charged a 10.00 line fee each month which I was ok with. I have since paid for this device in full and have also recently discovered they have been charging me 45.00 a month for  the past 2.5 years  Plus the 10.00 line fee and 12.00 protection plan. I never activated this ipad or signed up for a data plan. Every bill has a total use of 0.00 gb for her ipad on every statement since the day I bought it. So how can they think this is ok? I never activated this device and have been paying 45.00 for what? Ive called multiple times and have either been disconnected or told a supervisor would get back to me which never happens so I went to xfinity on Monday and explained my situation and got absolutely nowhere with customer service. He told me the 45.00 was for data which I HAD to have but ten minutes later he asked if he should cancel the plan but then said he couldn't because the device has never been activated!!!!! Im at my witts end!! I want my money back... any advice is greatly appreciated...

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 year ago

Welcome to our Community Forum, @user_196b12! Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention so we can make sure this is taken care of. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited over this platform. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests for our Mobile customers. I want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. You mentioned that you called, but have you tried texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

3 Messages

@XfinityEmilyB​ I inquired with them about whether they would impose charges for inactive lines when I switched to Xfinity, and they assured me that there would be no charges. However, I ended up being billed for three inactive lines for a duration of two months. Over the course of 2 months, I requested on four separate occasions for them to deactivate these lines. They only complied with my request on the fourth attempt and informed me that they were unable to provide a refund for the unused lines. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thanks for the additional information. Our team will be glad to look into this and help however we can. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

10 months ago

What was the resolution with your issue. I have had a similar thing happen to me and I was told because the item were charged I could not get my money back past 3 months which I said was BS but I haven't heard back from them about refunding for the year worth of charges that I also never received a bill for and all of a sudden it turned up below on my xfinity wifi online account.

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

@user_e5sb9r, thank you for using the Xfinity Community Forums page. We want to assist you with all of your Xfinity related needs. Can you clarify what you are referring to exactly when you state that it turned up below on your online account?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here