Wednesday, December 6th, 2023 2:04 AM

Closed

Android 14 and U.I 6 update for zflip5

When is it coming. You guys are driving me crazy

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

7 months ago

@user_vr03ct That is a great question Android updates are provided by Samsung. The most recent update is available for factory-unlocked units of the Z Flip 5 only and only available to those Galaxy Z Flip 5 users who were beta testing One UI 6.0. When Samsung does release a version compatible with your device you will receive an alert for the upgrade. At this time we do not have an ETA from Samsung for when that may be for customers with non-factory-unlocked devices and were not a part of the Beta. 

1 Message

How is this possible? Almost every other Android user I know, with a device made in the last 1-2 years has received this update already and there's no ETA at all because of Samsung?

Samsung made an official blog post almost two weeks before this question was even asked announcing that firmware F731USQU1BWK9 was rolling out as of then for Flip 5's on Verizon's network (which we share as I understand). Update aside, Samsung states there's roughly 65 security vulnerabilities that are fixed with update, this is becoming an issue of device and information security; Is there at least going to be something released by Xfinity to remediate those issues?

(edited)

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

wow still no answer... unreal Comcast

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

@mblueeyesr , unfortunately, we have still received no word on UI6 for the Z Flip 5 just yet. I have no update to share i'm afraid but will definitely pass along your feedback. We definitely understand that folks are waiting for it!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here