Wendy1717's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Saturday, March 30th, 2024 1:39 AM

About 2 minutes away [Edited]

Here's a scary story for anyone having a cellphone with Xfinity/Comcast. After having 2 cells for several years I decided to find another carrier (there are lower priced companies out there), pretty simple right? Well watch out when you try to Unlock your phone to send elsewhere because unlike ALL other carriers Xfinity/Comcast keeps your phone locked FOREVER. Phones paid for, monthly bill up to date, should be easy to get them to unlock it right? NOPE, they cancelled my service instead, and without unlocking it and despite 2 mobile support people saying "don't worry it will be unlocked", never happened, in fact it's still locked.

Then I had to go threw 5 more mobile support people, two supervisors and them trying to charge me to have it hooked up again despite THEIR error. They got it reconnected but it is still LOCKED, so I can't transfer my service to the new carrier yet and was told to wait.

The pain and suffering, headaches, high blood pressure, you name it.... that they have caused me is unmeasurable. You would think a Technology company would be on top of their game, not these guys, they just argue with you [Edited: "Laguage"]. They could give [Edited: Language] about their customers. 

Once the cell is unlocked it's time to take my $300+ payments to other companies who actually give [Edited: Language] about their customers. 

Problem Solver

• 

468 Messages

4 months ago

@Wendy1717 It should be easy. However, when companies decide to send their support overseas, it becomes a holy nightmare! Like being on a never-ending merry-go-round!! I wonder if all the [Edited: Language] and lost customers is really worth it? 

If you haven't already, perhaps chat support might be less painful.  https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Type in unlock device, then keep scrolling down to the bottom of the options. Choose other, until you can select chat with an agent.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

@Wendy1717 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We are sorry to hear that you are not having a good experience with us and we will do everything we can to assist you. Can you please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address? Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityBenjaminM​  Did you really read my comment? I went through 7+ support employees including 2 supervisors, what makes you think some random person I'd get (by doing what you said) could actually fix the issue THEY caused?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Wendy1717 If you would like our help, please send a DM with your information, and we will see what we can do for you.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

468 Messages

@Wendy1717​ I recommend you give the folks here a chance to resolve your issue. I've worked with them several times in the past with great success. When all the other avenues failed.

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@DreamSayerZ​ I've already been through 7 of them. Not sure how long of a rope you have but my rope is all but gone. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here