bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb's profile

Thu, Nov 4, 2021 12:06 AM

Closed

Xfinity home - "free" tier?

Hello -

I am looking to purchase a house which has "Xfinity home security touch screen and motion sensors" preinstalled. The current owner mentioned that they had purchased the touch screen and motion sensors and it is ours to keep. He did mention that if I need to monitor activity from my mobile phone, like see which door is open from my phone, I need to pay a subscription.

Now, if I don't want the online monitoring, the basic functionality still works right? Or am I missing something?

Thank you.

XfinityChe

Official Employee

• 

6.4K Messages

7 m ago

Hi @bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb! Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Community Forum to get help with the Xfinity Home Security service. The previous owners are very nice for leaving that behind for you as it will help in saving a lot of money if you do decide to subscribe. Unfortunately, you would need to subscribe to the service in order for it to work, in the even of an alarm or an emergency. I'd be happy to go over the pricing options with you. Can you send a direct message with your first and last name and service address? To send a direct message click the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here