U

Thursday, August 31st, 2023 11:53 AM

Closed

Xfinity Home fiasco

AKA - When disconnecting your tv service goes extremely wrong - contacted customer service to turn off tv service and upgrade internet. Well, they also turn off my home security services. After multiple days of failed phone calls to get through the automated help agent due to “outages in the area, agents can’t help you…” I finally broke down and used the chat with agent service.

Spoke with three different agents in the chat to get services reconnected, only for them to be set up as a new service that required installation. But, all the previous devices were still installed.

This leads to an installer coming to my home with nothing to do but turn around and leave, while telling me to call customer service. (At this point all installed devices/sensors, including camera and touch screen have still been working)

After, 3 HOUR phone call with customer service I was left with all records of my devices and sensors deleted from my account history, security services disconnected and reestablished twice, a camera that no longer connects to the network, and a home app that tells me as the primary user I’m not authorized to access my account. Oh, also another technician scheduled to come out.

Is there a fix to this situation or is it best to just have everything uninstalled and go with a different system/security company?

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for reaching out @user_cd63b2 and thank you for taking the time out of your day to bring your experience to our attention. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here