Will81's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Friday, September 2nd, 2022 5:23 PM

Closed

xFinity Home Canceled

I recently canceled my xfinity home subscription. I am fully aware and understand that by doing this my "owned" system will no longer communicate with the central station in the event of an emergency. I also know that the system, other than communication to the central station, ie door and window alarms will continue to work and can only be controlled by the touchscreen as I lose access to the home app.

What I do no understand is ever since I canceled, my touchscreen gives dashes instead of information on the touchscreens home screen display. I have it set for weather and time. Does canceling remove the wifi feature period end of sentence? I would assume it would still make a wifi connection for weather display. But, this does not seem to be the case here. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I did the same, I can connect to my wifi when I touch the Cog (settings button) Devices> Advanced Settings> Connectivity> Manage Network. Choose your wifi and connect. However, the date and time on my device is set to April and 2 hours ahead. There is no setting that I can find to fix this.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

2 years ago

Hello All! Thanks for reaching out on our Forums page about these Xfinity Home Touchscreen concerns. We thank you for being customers with us, and for the helpful information provided to this thread. A purchased touchscreen will retain limited functionality post-disconnection. Please note that older-generation devices may not be supported over time. To confirm, have you attempted to restart the Touchscreen on your end to see if that helps correct these concerns? Please follow this link Resetting a Frozen Touchscreen Screen - Xfinity Support, for instructions on how to do so. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAmira​ Yes, I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps found on the website.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

As Rycbar88 mentioned, I can go in the settings and see that it is connected to my wifi which I would imagine is all it needs to display the time and weather. However, as mentioned before, all I see are dashes where there should be information. I have tried restarting numerous times to no avail. Hence, why I am here now asking for help. 

Problem Solver

• 

385 Messages

Thank you for these details and working with our team. If I may ask have your restarted the modem and touchscreen? I would suggest restarting the modem, by unplugging it for about 15 seconds and plugging it back in, allow about 2-3 minutes to load. From there restart the touchscreen and then try the steps. Please let us know if this helps. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

2 years ago

Hello,

Yes, same with mine. You shut down the monitoring and they shut down pretty much everything. I was even specifically told by a comcast representative that NOTHING works without the monitoring service, which is simply not the case..

Btw the home app says that self monitoring functionality is moving to the Xfinity app (not the home app) but there is only support for devices like cameras and locks, not sensors. Since they could not get the camera to work on my network, I'm paying monthly for nothing.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here