U

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Sunday, January 8th, 2023 6:10 PM

Closed

Xfinity Home app adding Zen

The Xfinity home app does not list the Zen Thermostat when “adding a device”. All the web and video tutorials though require me to go through the home app to connect the Zen so I can use it as a smart thermostat. Please help. 

Contributor

• 

488 Messages

1 year ago

I thought Zen was a thermostat you could add at one point, but I don’t see it listed any longer. You can contact Zen thru the facebook messenger app on your smart phone or tablet and see what they have to say.

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_1376c3 Thanks for reaching out to us for help with installing the Zen Thermostat. From the details I was able to gather we still support this device. Typically, I see it added to the Xfinity home app when it's been purchased from Xfinity on your account. Did you purchase the thermostat from us by chance? I am also showing that the thermostat can be added through the touchscreen as well. I found those steps here. Have you been able to try this path? 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityPaula​ I purchased the thermostats at my local Xfinity store and was assured that they would work. I still do not see them listen on the Xfinity Home app. The only 2 thermostats listed are ecobee and carrier. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_1376c3​ the thermostats work. I’ve had them installed professionally. What they can’t do it connect to be used as a smart thermostat because of the Xfinity home app issues. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

Thank you for providing the additional information this morning! Have you tried the steps Paula mentioned about adding the thermostats through the touchscreen as well? 

I no longer work for Comcast

Official Employee

• 

498 Messages

1 year ago

Just a quick note - please make sure you are using the Xfinity Home app when attempting to add the Zen Thermostat (the same app where you arm and disarm your system), and not the Xfinity App (where you can view cameras, receive camera motion notifications, etc.).  Currently the Zen Thermostat can only be added and managed through the Xfinity Home app.

After you log in, tap on the "More" icon in the bottom right and click Add a Device.  The Zen Thermostat is the second item in the list.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityBecker​ yes. I’m only using the Xfinity Home app. When I’m in the app and click “add device” the Zen Thermostat does not appear on the list. 
my list shows:

xfinity camera

August Smartlock

Carrier Cor Thermostat

ecobee smart thermostat

Lifx

Philips Hue

there are no other choices. Is it a bug in the app or do you no longer support Zen. Should I return them?

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityBecker​ I have a screenshot if needed

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

You can add a screenshot, that is always helpful! Since you are having trouble getting the device to load on the app, I need to confirm you have completed the following?

• Zen-01-W Thermostat

1. Check both boxes displayed to confirm that your Zen is installed and working properly, and then tap Pair Device.
    Before you pair screen. Check boxes in center. Pair Device button at bottom center.
  2. Remove the Thermostat display from the wall by gently pulling on the display until the magnets release, and then press Continue.
  3. Press the Network button on the back of the Thermostat five times, and then tap Continue.
    Set up instructions screen. Continue button on bottom.
  4. The app searches for your Thermostat and installs any required firmware updates. When prompted, tap Continue.
  5. Enter a name for your Thermostat, and then tap Continue.
    Name of thermostat field in center. Continue button at bottom.
  6. Place the display back on the wall mount, and tap Continue.
    Mount display set up stream. Continue button at bottom.
  7. Congratulations! You've successfully paired your Zen Thermostat to your Xfinity Home system. Tap Continue to go to the Overview screen, from which you can now control your Thermostat.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

No. I’ve not done that because the option pair still doesn’t appear in the Xfinity Home app. Again… this is all that appears in my “add a device” section of the Xfinity Home app. 

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

I understand what you are saying, and based on the screenshot, the device is not listed, because it is not connected. Can you please restart the Zen Thermostat? 

If restarting the Zen Thermostat doesn't resolve a problem, resetting to the factory settings may. Resetting will make it necessary to re-pair the Thermostat.

1. Remove the Thermostat from the wall plate by gently pulling until the magnets holding the corners release.
  2. On the back of the Thermostat, press the Config button twenty (20) times. The display will beep five times to confirm the reset.
  3. Return the Thermostat to the wall plate.
  4. Repair the Thermostat from the touchscreen or the Xfinity Home app.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employee

• 

498 Messages

1 year ago

I did some research and I think I understand what might be happening.  The Zen Thermostat will only appear in the Xfinity Home app as an option if you are s subscriber to Xfinity Home Pro Protection or Pro Protection Plus, as it requires the Xfinity Home Touchscreen.   Subscribers to Xfinity Home Self-Protection would not see the Zen Thermostat option (and should be using the Xfinity app to manage their services).

Do you subscribe to Xfinity Home Pro Protection? If so, there's a chance you're logging in to the Xfinity Home App with an Xfinity ID that is not associated to that account.  Try signing out of the Xfinity Home app and back in with an ID associated to the account with Pro Protection.  There is an Xfinity ID Lookup tool if it's helpful, or you could contact us and we can assist with locating the correct Xfinity ID(s).

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityBecker​ I do not have the home protection pro. So would it be best if I returned those and got an ecobee instead. That seems to interface with the need of a home protection plan. 

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

@user_1376c3 The ecobee is showing supported with Xfinity home self-protection.  The link shows these devices as Compatible Thermostats: Carrier Côr, Ecobee, Honeywell. If this is the service you have the ecobee should would fine for your thermostat. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here