C

Sunday, February 4th, 2024 11:52 PM

Xfinity Home + 3rd party IP Cameras? Doorbell?

I've found posts from years ago saying that Xfinity Home does not support third party IP cameras. I'm working with a low voltage installer who claims it can be done and he thinks Hikvision or ENS IP cameras will work. However, I'm looking to validate the claim before buying the cameras or even ordering the Xfinity Home service. I have seen a few posts (such as this or this) that also assert that other IP cameras will work, but they also don't seem particularly trustworthy. Xfinity's website says they only support their own devices. Unfortunately their devices are pretty limited.
I'm also interested in using a third party doorbell, but that's less important.
Anyone have experience directly with third party IP cameras on Xfinity Home currently or recently? Or have any more trustworthy links?
Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

Hello @capt_taco, thank you for your interest in making us part of your home's protection, I know how important that is. In some cases and areas, we may be able to incorporate 3rd party security equipment with our Pro Protection service. I don't have a way to recommend specific devices or confirm if your equipment is compatible. A tech would be able to make those determinations though. Were you interested in getting a quote for this service? 

2 Messages

Yes, I would, but I really need to figure out what will be compatible. When the quote comes together will the tech come on site and help discuss that and confirm?

Official Employee

• 

506 Messages

@capt_taco A tech could definitely go over equipment question when he arrives for the installation, but that might be a little late if you have already purchased the cameras. Checking over the Xfinity Self Protection FAQ's found here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/self-protection-faqs, it looks like you would need a Xfinity camera, as 3rd party camera are not compatible with that service. For the Xfinity 24/7 recording package, you can find a link to compatible camera here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/24-7-video-recording-faqs.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here