U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 18th, 2023 9:32 PM

Closed

Xfinity doorbell camera notifications

I just upgraded to the Xfinity XB8-T white modem and at the same time, got the Xfinity doorbell camera. Modem works fine, everything (TV, computers, other IP cameras, etc) connected fine. I downloaded the Xfinity app to my phone, installed the Xfinity doorbell and set it up with the app. The Doorbell shows video in the app and two-way communications seem to work and the app when open, gets notifications from the camera. HOWEVER, the rep told me that the camera will send notifications via SMS texts notifications and also email notifications even without the app being open. The camera does not send SMS or emails (with or without the app open)! It also does not ring the mechanical doorbell. The existing doorbell is confirmed 16 vac, I've toggled EVERY notification button in the app off and back to on. Still no notifications or emails. Reset the doorbell power. The rep at the Xfinity store checked that every button in the app is ON and then reset my phone (without permission and I had to re-setup everything in that), blamed Verizon and was no help. Still no notifications or emails with or without the app open. The Verizon phone works fine and works in every other way. The point is, it's an Xfinity camera on Xfinity network that should send an email to my Xfinity emails address and that is not happening. The Xfinity rep couldn't explain that either. My other IP cameras, that I setup, work and I can access their setup with my computer but the doorbell camera does not respond. Can the Xfinity doorbell camera be accessed via anything besides the app? Two Xfinity reps say the camera should send email and SMS notifications. Does the Xfinity doorbell camera send out email or SMS notifications or not? If yes, then how? Also, what is needed to get the doorbell to ring as well?

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@user_f9fb2b Hello and sorry to hear you are missing your doorbell notifications. I can understand how this would be upsetting, and I want to look into this for you. 

Please send a private message by clicking the direct messaging chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here