kgowen4444's profile

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

Thursday, July 6th, 2023 9:48 PM

Closed

Xfinity Chime Box Question- Voltage

Hello,

I have an xfinity doorbell and I was not able to wire it to my existing doorbell due ti it being an old school one.   It only supplies like 11volts and would not be sufficient.   So, I purchased an adapter and ran a wire to an outlet... Works fine/  No issues.  Now, the issue I AM having is the chime.  Since I was not able to use my existing setup,  I do not have a chime.   Anyone have this issue?  Is there a way to have a chime set up so I can hear it in the house without being married to my phone?  I like the doorbell since it records 24/7 and connects to 5Gh wifi.   I just need a chime of some sort.  An external chime would definitely be nice, such as the Chime devices ring provides

Official Employee

• 

137 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, kgowen4444. I'd want my chime to be connected to the doorbell as well. Have you found a solution to connect your doorbell? You are able to receive notifications with the Xfinity Video Doorbell as well as connect it to compatible devices. This link will have more information https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/video-doorbell.

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

1 year ago

Hi @kgowen4444!

We have been working on a couple of different solutions for this and similar situations - one of which we launched a little earlier this year!  I'm not sure if this is a good option for you, but I wanted to put it out there in case it is...

If you have a device that supports Amazon Alexa, you can set up a "Skill" to notify you of doorbell rings!  More info on that here: Xfinity Video Doorbell Press Notifications Using the Alexa Xfinity Skill - Xfinity Support

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

1 year ago

I have it on my Alexa.    Does it work on Google devices?   Only issue is that I’ll need multiple Alexa devices in the house.     It does work on my phone, but need something louder in the home .  

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

@kgowen4444​ - I'm glad you have it working on Alexa!  We do not support Google at this time.  We are working on at least one additional solution that might help, and I should be able to share some information in the next few months!

In the meantime if you need a more immediate solution, I know there are several (relatively) inexpensive Alexa devices that are available - adding to your existing setup would allow all Alexa devices to notify you at the same time across your home.

And although it's not exactly what you're looking for, I figured I would mention another method of notification - if you have the X1 Platform, Doorbell alerts will appear on-screen, along with an image from your doorbell camera and ability to view the live feed from your TV.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Is there an after market ChimeBox I can purchase to connect with The Xfinity Video Doorbell ?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_u56q22

The Xfinity video doorbell should have come with a Chime Adapter. It's a small, white device with the Xfinity logo on it that installs inside or right next to your chime.  Instructions if needed are posted here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/install-video-doorbell

The Video Doorbell requires a transformer that operates between 16-24 volts (VAC).  Double-check the specs on your transformer. If needed, a multimeter could be used by you or an electrician to measure actual voltage.  This is also something our technician can come out and check if you have us come out to assist.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_u56q22​ search for the Ohmkat universal doorbell chime and power supply. I posted the links for what works in this thread. I just finished rewiring my doorbell with the ohmkat chime kit from Amazon and it works! I’m so giddy about it and can’t wait to kids and husband!

9 months ago

I think I have found a solution to this problem. OhmKat Professional Grade Short Protected 24 Volt Power Supply - Compatible with Nest, Ecobee, Honeywell, Smart WiFi Thermostats and Smart Sprinkler Controllers https://a.co/d/hoap1CH 

Along with 

OhmKat Wireless Universal Video Doorbell Chime (Patented) - For Use with Wired Nest, Blink, Ring, August, Skybell, Simplisafe, Alula & Compatible OhmKat Video Doorbell Power Supplies https://a.co/d/jgi1xYy

Just ordered it and am hoping it works. 

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

9 months ago

Had anybody every mentioned to you that amazon sells a 16-25 V transformer that replaces an older transformer to allow any video doorbell to have enough power to work?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here