U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, August 8th, 2022 5:55 AM

Closed

xfinity camera do not work at night so now what ?

I have reset them changed position chatted with agent they kept resetting my connection .. nothing works. I cannot see anything out there at night until I held the camera in my hand moved and looked then when i closed the curtain it switched back to black .. it does not work at night unless i sit it my the room but not towards the windows so what’s the point in having them ?

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, and thank you for coming here to our forums regarding your cameras not working in the dark. Have you had the opportunity to factory reset the cameras? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityStephanieK​ yes that’s all been done and I chatted with an agent .. she suggests having some sort of light outside near or around the camera’s so the camera can be able to pick up anything 

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

@user_0ebebe Thank you for that information there! I would like to take a look into this further for you.

To get started, and to locate the account, please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address. Thanks!

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Contributor

• 

488 Messages

2 years ago

When you say “out there at night” do you mean outside? The camera will not work properly if it’s inside looking out a window. It needs to be positioned outside. If the cameras is looking inside your house even near a window at night in a dark room or with a light on just below it will work. I have two cameras set up outside; one on my back porch looking out at the pool with solar lights on in the distance and a dusk to dawn light on a few feet away from it but above it.  If you have white above the camera position it to look down or it will have glare from the white ceiling. My other outdoor camera is set in the trim above a white garage door with no outside light unless a dusk to dawn light goes on about 25’ away on an exterior garage. Are the infrared beams coming on in the darkness? If not the camera is malfunctioning and should be replaced. I recently had an Xcam 1 go bad and my display turned green and then looked like it was snowing in my family room.  That camera was replaced with an Xcam 2 and works well in a room with dark paneled walls and a white ceiling. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_lkp846​ Thanks .. I cannot put them outside where I live. They are in the window on the sill. The kitchen one is fine but the living room one I am having a hard time trying to find any light that will help it to see at night. I don’t know what else to try . I live in an apt complex. I cannot find any light that is anywhere near it. Frustrating ! 

Contributor

• 

303 Messages

If you have them inside the IR will not work.  They must be outside or the IR will reflect off the window and you will not be able to see anything outside.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@spacecadet57​ 

yes I know someone suggested tape over the red lights  at night so I did that and it helped enough that I could see 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

It's night with scarce lighting. I'm trying, the afore mentioned, tape method on the IR. I'm using black gorilla tape on top of masking tape so the gorilla tape doesn't superstick onto the camera, but I still wanted the dense coverage. 

It's working slightly. I can't tell it's like Ultrasound. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here