6147's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, April 18th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

xcom2 camera help

I bought xfinity Xcom2 cameras from a friend that no longer have xfinity home security.  According to xfinity that you have to Y cable to pairs to the camera, which I don't have.  I ordered couple PoE injector and splitter Y cables from Amazon to try it out but it doesn't powered the camera at all.  Does it has to be xfinity specfications Y cable for it to works or any other ways to pair the cameras to my xfinity home security?  Any help, will be appreciated.   Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Yes it has to be the Xfinity equipment

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Do you mean xCam2? they use wifi and bluetooth, I didnt need the Y-cable to connet to my system. I use the xfinity home app > Add the Device > XFINITY Camera

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, xCam2. I guess mine is not the latest one. Per xfinity procedure, " Image displays the back of a Camera on the left, it has plastic mesh on the back, and power adapter on the right

Otherwise, your Camera cannot be paired or repaired via the Xfinity Home app at this time. If you have the Y-cable from your Camera kit, you can pair via the touchscreen." Does anybody know get where I can get a compatible to xfinity Y - cable?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, xCam2. I guess mine is not the latest one. Per xfinity procedure, " Image displays the back of a Camera on the left, it has plastic mesh on the back, and power adapter on the right

Otherwise, your Camera cannot be paired or repaired via the Xfinity Home app at this time. If you have the Y-cable from your Camera kit, you can pair via the touchscreen." Does anybody know get where I can get a compatible to xfinity Y - cable?

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Yep, you must have the fierst gen then. I've seen a few on ebay by themselves but I dont see any now. Maybe look for a listing that includes them with the same camera you have.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here