jkollander95's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Monday, February 1st, 2021 10:00 PM

Closed

Xcam2 with xb6 in bridged mode?

So I received the new xcam2 camera as a replacement for an older cam that died. When I went to connect the camera to my network (xb6 in bridged mode connecting to 3 eero pro’s) it wouldn’t work. I had to turn off bridged mode and enable WiFi on the xb6 to get the camera to pair. According to the support person I talked to said the xcam2 won’t work if the modem is in bridged mode because xfinity is sending a signal to the WiFi SSID in the xb6. Is there a way to get this working without using the WiFi in the xb6? Would purchasing the Netgear CM1000 make things easier since it just a modem and then use the WiFi from my eero mesh network???

Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

4 years ago

jkollander95 -

The xCam2 supports connecting through your personal router (unlike earlier camera models which need to connect to a hidden SSID being broadcast by the Xfinity Wireless Gateway or WNR1000 Security Router).

If you go in to the Xinifty Home Mobile App, click on your xCam2,  and then tap on the More icon (three dots) in the upper right.  Here you will see the option to "Update your WiFi Connection."  You'll be walked through the process of pairing the camera with your own personal router.

I hope that helps!

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

This worked! My camera is now running off my wifi connection. Thank you so much!

Is there a way to replace my last old xfinity camera that is running on the dedicated security router or am I forced to buy the new xcam2?

thanks,

Jason

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

4 years ago

Woo-Hoo!  Glad the xCam2 is working!

If your Touchscreen is currently paired with your WNR1000 Security Router, you would need to continue using this so your Touchscreen and older camera do not lose connectivity to broadband.

If your Touchscreen is paired to the XB6 Gateway, then you could remove the Security Router.  Your Touchscreen and older camera would use the Hidden SSID the Gateway is broadcasting for broadband connectivity - this should be the case even while in Bridge mode.

Here's my best advice - if your system is performing well (i.e. not experiencing connectivity issues, new and old cameras are streaming well), I would not change the setup.  This is a great time to stick with  "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." 😁

If you do want to change configuration, you can give us a call - a technician would be needed to remove the Security Router from your system and pair the Touchscreen to the XB6 Gateway.

Hope that helps!

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

no issues with the touchscreen at this time though I've had the older camera not work ocassionally but I just chalk that up to technology being stubborn. At some point I would really like to get rid of the security router and replace the older camera with the new IP camera but for now that I have everything working well I'll just leave things as they are. Thank you so much for getitng this issue resolved for me.

Thanks,

Jason

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here