U

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Friday, August 11th, 2023 5:43 PM

Closed

Windows sensors going off but they are not open.

Ever since my security system was installed, windows sensors go off randomly. The windows are never opened when this happens. This does not happen everyday, but it does happen from time to time.
We have 7 window sensors and it’s not always the same location.

A security technician checked the sensors and notice they were placed too close. But, today again, another sensors went off and the windows was closed.

What could be the problem? I have called multiple times for this, but no one can fix this issue.

I am worried that one day the alarm will go off because of these sensors.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

1 year ago

The alarm went off in the middle of the night. 
Again, false alarm due to the faulty sensors. I am thinking of cancelling this service.

2 Messages

@user_84375b​ We are having similar issues and the cops came twice while we were out of country. Did you ever find a solution to the problem?

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Sorry for the delay, the forum doesnt send notifications.

No, the issue was never solved. 3 Technicians checked the system and nothing was wrong apparently.

The window sensors are still being triggered for no reason, alarm was activated as well in the middle of the night.

If you find a solution, please let me know. But, I suspect it's a software issue as my alarm was being armed by itself everyday 6pm (they have no idea why).

2 Messages

Thanks for letting me know. We recently got an Xfinity rep come in to check the window sensors. He mentioned it is mostly likely due to misalignment and wind causing issues. He replaced and realigned the sensors. Hoping it will solve the issue. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here