U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 10th, 2021 2:29 AM

Closed

Window Sensor says it Tampered

Just changed my batteries and I now have a message that says my window has been tampered with. How do I resolve?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @user_ad9df8. Thank you for your post. I appreciate you coming here for help, and I have a couple of questions as we get started. Did you also have this alert before you changed the batteries, or did it only populate after the change? Have you tried testing things out by checking the battery placement, or removing and installing the same batteries again? If so, does the problem persists? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I got an alert that something was wrong with the sensor on my backdoor. I changed the bateries now I get the tampered message

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_66d053. I see you have a similar issue as well. This can happen at times when switching the batteries, but we certainly want to troubleshoot. Have you tried to remove the new batteries and placing them back one more time? If so, is the alert still present? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here