D

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Sep 11, 2021 10:52 AM

What's included in the Installation? "Install" is it a subjective term?

Greetings,

I recently had xFinity Home installed as well as xFinity 1200 mb internet.

Right now I'm only getting half the speed (which is odd because the xFinity Speedtest shows 600ish mbps but Speedtest.net shows 200 mbps.. manipulating results?)

Anyways,  The installer was very nice but sometimes installers are nice because they are lazy and want to con you from doing an installation.

In this situation the installer came in and installed the sticky devices to my doors.  He didn't want to install the motion sensor but I ended up asking him to and he did. 

He then placed the hub on a table in the middle of a room and told me I couldn't move it for 48 hours. 

He then hooked up my cameras and sat them on the floor and told me I can put them anywhere as they aren't able to install them because I need outside plugs and that defeats the purpose because they can just unplug them so he told me they were kind of useless and I could use them indoors to watch my dogs.

I started looking online and xFinity shows all kinds of setsups on their security site about how the installer uses a certain drill to run the wire through your wall and plugs the device into the nearest outlet etc.

So .. was the Installer lazy? or can they actually install these devices outside your home?

In the past I was told by the installer's supervisor that they no longer do any kinds of installations that the home has to be Ready with cable and they just install to the point of demarcation. If I wanted any outlets installed I would have to do that on my own with a contractor.  This was from an Installer's supervisor. 

So what's the truth?  should I go ahead and just return the home service and get ADT or something that installs my cameras.  That's the only reason I bought the service. 

Responses

Official Employee

• 

348 Messages

8 d ago

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further and work on getting your speed back to its full strength. Thanks so much for your feedback about your recent experience. I would like to schedule another technician to come out and assess the work completed, and install the equipment corerectly, if needed. Please send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. You can do this by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner of your screen and send a message to the shared handle "Xfinity Support"

New to the Community?

Start Here