PQ2's profile

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

Monday, February 3rd, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

What causes a blinking green light on the Xcam's XW3 unit?

What causes a blinking green light on the camera's power brick?

I have an Xfinity Xcam (earlier version that cannot be paired via the android app).   So my XW3 unit, plugged into the wall,  shows a flashing green light.  Any idea what this is indicating?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

5 years ago

Hi PQ2!

The XW2 should really only show either Blue or Yellow LED indicators to my knowledge.  It's possible the yellow though is more toward the "green" side of the color spectrum. 🙂

Are you able to view the camera on the Toushscreen and Xfinity Home app when it's flashing?  Usually flashing Yellow indicates no connection to the Security Router or Xfinity Wireless Gateway (often due to a weak WiFi connection or interference).

Other states: 

Solid Blue = Connected to the Router/Gateway. 

Flashing Blue (slow) = Not Configured or Trying to Connect to the Router/Gateway. 

Flashing Blue (fast) = WPS Association in process.  

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the reply!   The light was definitely green.  I've unplugged the unit and plugged it in again and now it's blinking slow blue.  I've tried to reconnect to the WNR1000v2 using the pigtail but no dice.   no cameras visible on the system, via the touchscreen or the web.   I have 2 cameras in the same state, with both powerbricks blinking slow blue and the cameras showing solid yellow with both IR LEDs lit.

This all started when I switched my triple play package from Xfinity to FIOS.   

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

5 years ago

i have verizon fios too with xfinity home and i just got my camreas today you can use the fios router to pair the camreas by using the fios name and password by using the xfinity home app go in xfinity home app add devices then camreas then add then type in your verizon fios router newwork  name and password and it will take a while to pair to  it the tec the came today did that and it worked well once it paired then it will start show up on your tuchsceen and your xfinity home app as well make sure you have new fios home router G3100 

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

5 years ago

PQ2 -

Ah, that might make a little more sense.  Is it possible the cameras were paired up wtih an Xfinity Gateway rather than the WNR1000 Side Car Router before you switched to FiOS?

Either way, it does sound to me like re-pairing the cameras to the Side Car router is the way to go.  There is a small reset button which you'll need to hold in for about 15 seconds to default the XW3 prior to using the pigtail to connect it and go through the pairing process.  Also - make sure the pigtail is plugged in to Port 4 of the Side Car.

It sounds like you're pretty familiar with the process, but this might be helpful: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/secure-pairing-installing-camera

In the end if you're still having trouble, don't hesitate to give us a call - we can have a tech come out to make sure all works well.  Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions.  So, a little success... one camera is paired again and added back to the touchscreen.  The other I cannot seem to pair and one thing that I've noticed is that no matter what the XW2 unit's light are, the outside camera is solid yellow with both IR LEDs lit. (daytime or nighttime).  

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

OK, will do.  presents a bit of a challenge as the XW3 is inside and the camera outside.  I'll enlist the wife's help to see what happens.  Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

5 years ago

Glad you're making progress!

Try holding in the reset button on the outside camera while plugging in the XW3 - keep holding in the reset button for 15 seconds while it powers up, and then release. See if that causes the IR lights to turn off and the camera to go into pairing mode.

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

5 years ago

Teamwork! LOL

Good luck!

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

not sure why my username is oscillating between PQ2 and pqschipper.   perhaps using the wife's laptop vs. mine?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Still no dice, sadly.  Using the hold-down-the-reset-button-on-the-camera while rebooting the XW3 unit caused the camera light to blink green without the IR LEDs being lit.  I attempted to add the camera via the touchscreen at this point.  I then powered off the XW3 and plugged it back in , resulting in the XW3's light to be slow blinking blue and the cameras lights to be solid yellow with both IR LEDs lit again.  

Did the camera button reset again, got the camera light to blink green.  Pushed the reset button on the XW3 unit until it rebooted, resulting in the XW3's light to also be blinking green.  Tried adding the camera via the touchscreen again.  

One more time...  did the camera reset to blinking green, the XW3 reset to blinking green and then pushed the gray button on the XW3 unit (up and down arrow symbols).  Can't say that I saw any effect from that.   

I'm really not too keen on shelling out $70 for a tech to come visit and the Oscars are on so I have plenty of time to horse around with this fr now.  

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far!

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

5 years ago

Hmmm... I'm sorry to hear it's not working!

The only other thing I can think to try is, when going throught he reset process, to also reboot the Side Car Router and the Touchscreen for good measure. While that shouldn't be necessary, it might help!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here