Lkpolo's profile

Contributor

• 

488 Messages

Friday, December 16th, 2022 1:32 PM

Closed

Touchscreen

I happened to notice that our touchscreen did some type of update yesterday. I checked the devices connected to my Xfinity Gateway this morning and I have a new device showing up as connected on the 5 GHz Wi-Fi. The only device that I have deliberately connected to my 5 GHz Wi-Fi is my MacBook Pro.  All mobile devices that I have manually connected other than four cameras and a Ring doorbell are connected to the 2.5 GHz Wi-Fi. The reason I’m posting here is that I’m wondering if this new device name that is listed as BA874F72B884 is the touchscreen for the Home Security system? I’ve never seen it listed in my connected devices before. I decided to reboot my gateway and touchscreen. The device has completely disappeared from the lists of connected and not connected devices.  By the way I received no notice on my iPhone or Apple Watch that a new device was connected to my network. I’m confused. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there! To me, it sounds like just some sort of glitch within the app and connected devices. If it no longer appears after the restart, you shouldn't have to worry about anything. 

After the touchscreen update, is the security still working with no issues? 

Contributor

• 

488 Messages

@XfinityKorie​ the touchscreen and all the Home system components are working fine, but the connected device did show up the next day in the Xfinity app as a device that is not connected.  The last time the device was connected to my network was 12/16/22.  I did learn that a tech was in my area working the same day and there were issues with the triple play services. At one point after I had exited an On Demand movie and went back to watching TV I had sound and no picture. I started thinking that my TV video died since the bedroom TVs had video and sound but I checked the Xfinity app and found out about the tech in the area the the TV video resolved itself in about 10 minutes. Everyone in my area has been having problems with Xfinity services for the last three or four days also. I also noticed on the Home touchscreen has more information on it and something must have been done in regards to the messages given about loss of cellular that some people get. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

We always update our system to provide better service for our customers. It is never fun when tons of issues happen around the same time, so I am sorry for any frustration this has caused. Have you had any cable issues since that little hiccup? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here