paradiddle
Expressive Exchange
Conversation Starter
Conversationalist

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

Sat, Jan 23, 2021 2:00 PM

switch from ADT to Xfinity Home - Wired sensors how can we connect? Or how far can wireless sensor

We are long time Xfinity customers but we have a wired ADT system.  To doors in house and detached garage that is close to the house.   I want to switch service but detached garage may be an issue.  How can we connect wired sensor or can a wireless sensor travel how far? 

Responses

ComcastChe

Official Employee

• 

6.1K Messages

2 m ago

Hi u/paradiddle, that's a great question. I wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to get assistance? Our sensors are wireless. It would be best to have a tech come out to evaluate your home before the install is scheduled. Does that make sense? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
paradiddle

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

2 m ago

I think its possible but I dont know if techs will be up to date on how to do it.

I was looking at wireless sensors.  My main issue is a seperate unattached garage - we have a hard wire going to that. But we may be in range of sensor.

Official Employee

• 

152 Messages

2 m ago

I appreciate you for hanging in there with us and for providing these details! We can certainly help with getting a technician appointment scheduled to get you switched over. Our technicians are awesome and I am confident that they will be up to the task. In order to further assist with this, please click on my handle “ComcastGabe” and send us a private message with your first/last name and full address.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here