dreston's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Oct 29, 2020 3:00 PM

Swap out exiting Honeywell 6160 keypad with a new Honeywell 6290W touchscreen keypad?

Hello,

We had Xfinity take over monitoring and swap out our existing wired alarm panel and 2 wall mounted keypads. The keypads that were installed as part of the Xfinitry install are Honeywell 6160s.

I want to replace one of the 6160s with a new Honeywell 6290W touchscreen control panel. Looking at online videos it seems like a simple replacement, but I was warned about the "I-Control device" that was installed as part of the Xfinity system that can complicate a ECP touchscreen connection.

Anyone have any experience adding a Honeywell 6290W or replacing a 6160 with a touchscreen on their Xfinity installed and monitored system?

Responses

ComcastBecker

Official Employee

• 

406 Messages

7 m ago

dreston -

I would caution against doing this - while I do not know if this model would technicially work or not work with your setup, I can tell you that this is a device we don't stock or support.

If you begin having trouble with your system, it could complicate our ability to help you - or worse yet, cause issues with the system working properly.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here