U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 1st, 2023 8:08 PM

Closed

Strange ring from my Xfinity doorbell outside !

My xfinity doorbell is not ringing properly outside. It rings halfway then stops or has a crackling sound when it rings. Everything else is working with it.

Anybody had this problem or knows how to fix it?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_8ee759. I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your Xfinity doorbell. You are in the right place and I am happy to assist you today. 

Did you (or the technician) install the Chime Adapter that came with the Doorbell ?  It's a small, white device with the Xfinity logo on it that installs inside or right next to your chime.  Instructions if needed are posted here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/install-video-doorbell

If you did and it's still not working, The Video Doorbell requires a transformer that operates between 16-24 volts (VAC).  Double check the specs on your transformer. If needed, a multimeter could be used by you or an electrician to measure actual voltage.  This link has great troubleshooting steps you can take. If you're still experiencing issue let us know, we're happy to help! This is also something our technician can come out and check if you have us come out to assist.

I hope that helps!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here