Homerec130's profile

Contributor

• 

69 Messages

Fri, May 7, 2021 3:38 AM

Sensor Replacement

Our system is a carryover from the originally installed ADT system. The electronics have been replaced, but the sensors are all original. If a sensor fails, are we covered for replacement or do we need the interior wiring plan?

TIA,

Homer

Responses

Official Employee

• 

201 Messages

1 m ago

Hey @Homerec130! We can only repair or replace Xfinity Home equipment, so if the sensors are from the original system we would not be able to fix or replace like-for-like. We do have the option now to ship Xfinity Home equipment however :) 

I'd also like to clarify the "interior wiring plan" you mentioned, can you please let me know the name of the one you're referring to? 

Homerec130

Contributor

• 

69 Messages

The plan I was referring to was for the installed cable wiring inside the residence. It is an add-on charge on the bill in the 5-6 dollar range.

As to replacement of sensors, I have had Xfinity alarm techs replace two of my original button wired window sensors with wireless ones. I was also informed it was not something I do install myself as it requires to changes and connections at the main panel box and not on the keypads.

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.4K Messages

1 m ago

@Homerec130 wrote: The plan I was referring to was for the installed cable wiring inside the residence. It is an add-on charge on the bill in the 5-6 dollar range ...

Their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan) is closed to customers that don't already have it.

Homerec130

Contributor

• 

69 Messages

When I renewed last summer, they dropped it from my renewal and said it wasn't available in my area.

New to the Community?

Start Here