C

Wednesday, July 26th, 2023 3:21 PM

Closed

Security system only arms "Stay"

Since July 16, 2023 we've had 3 different techs come to fix our problem and none can seem to do that. If we arm our system to "away" it defaults to "stay"  Furthermore, when opening a door upon return, nothing will happen. So basically our security system is securing nothing!!

The touchscreen has been replace twice, the keypad once and all 3 techs said all door and window sensors are functioning properly. It's getting really frustrating that no one can seem to figure this out. The tech that was there yesterday thought we had it beat  but alas, when my wife left for work this morning, sure enough I get a notification through the Home app saying the system was armed stay. Could this be a modem/ router problem? We use the xfinity modem and it's the only thing that hasn't been picked over with a fine tooth comb. This is getting to be rather obsurd that it can't be solved. 

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

1 year ago

Hey, @CellarMonkey! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with trying to arm your security system. I know it can be frustrating when any equipment is not acting the way it should. Since you brought up the modem, did the tech look at it all? Did they try to reboot it or replace it?

3 Messages

1 year ago

They did not. No reboot or replace. It's the only remaining piece of hardware that was not checked/ replaced

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

1 year ago

Gtocha! We can certainly take a look into the modem to see if there is anything going on there that would cause the system to not be synced up. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

3 Messages

1 year ago

Okay, information entered. What now?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

I have the same exact problem. The system shows disarmed when doors are closed but when I open the door, the alarm is not faulted and continues to show disarmed. Can't get anyone to talk to on the phone. I am ready to trash this thing!

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @morndini. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, you have contacted the right place for assistance in regard to your Xfinity Home concern. I definitely understand needing to ensure your home security system is functioning properly. 

It sounds like you already have the arm/disarm settings updated: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/arm-and-disarm-home-security, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/arm-disarm-system-from-touchscreen, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/arm-disarm-system-from-home-app. 

Our options with Xfinity Home are limited, but I can do some basic troubleshooting and if needed look at getting a Xfinity Home technician scheduled. If you're still needing assistance please send a direct message. 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here