U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 21st, 2022 2:09 PM

Closed

Security hub keeps beeping

After I open or close a door the security hub keep making a double beep sound for at least 10-15 mins.  All sensor batteries are good and nothing is open.  It just started doing this a few days ago - so something has changed.

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

10 months ago

Hello all, if you are hearing a double beep coming from your Touchscreen controller, this is because the controller lost connectivity to our Xfinity Home servers temporarily. In this situation, any and all alarm events will be transmitted via the cellular backup. The professional monitoring services should continue to work normally and uninterrupted, as long as the battery and cellular system backup are powered and functioning properly.

This comment was created from this reply

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

2 years ago

@user_2dd439 Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! Just to clarify, is the touchscreen doing a double beep continuously for 10-15 minutes? When it makes the sounds are there any errors displayed on the touchscreen? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityBillie​ 

Same issue, started this morning.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I’m having the same issue.   Double beeps , no issue on screen.   

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityBillie​ about 1 time a mintue been happening non stop for hours for me. Has been rebooted by me once through the touchscreen and once through automated support. No sensor alarms, not notifications or alerts. Can you help?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same issue -- double-beep repeating, no visible error messages. What is the solution for this?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having a similar issue, thanks for posting I will be following to see the reply. 

Problem Solver

• 

339 Messages

@all.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues with your security system. Any chance steps outlined here have already been performed? The steps outlined here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/frozen-touchscreen-controller

Are basics that can help pretty much resolve most service issues with Xfinity Home! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

same problem for me just started this morning

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Mine too, no visible reason why, checked all sensors, plugged into another outlet etc and nothing stops the beeping

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello all, if you are hearing a double beep coming from your Touchscreen controller, this is because the controller lost connectivity to our Xfinity Home servers temporarily. In this situation, any and all alarm events will be transmitted via the cellular backup. The professional monitoring services should continue to work normally and uninterrupted, as long as the battery and cellular system backup are powered and functioning properly.

This reply has been converted into a comment
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

same here...started this morning...no active alarms, no errors...beeping every 2-3mins

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue here - touchscreen is beeping twice every 2-3 minutes. There were no power outages, and the display shows no alerts or battery issues. Tried restarting the panel but that didn't help.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

mine beeps exactly every minute

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Me too, touch screen is beeping every 2-3 minutes as well with no apparent alerts, issues or low battery...help it's driving us crazy!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

me too. no error message, internet working fine, but double beep every couple minutes

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue.  Started this morning.

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@user_a4d1f0 Hello and thank you for reaching out over our Xfinity Community Forum. I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issue. Are you seeing any error message on screen? -Christopher

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same here. It is disarmed. It double beeps every 60 seconds. No error messages. All doors and windows closed. All other sensors show "clear" and motion detectors show "still"

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

@user_661ecb   This should be resolved, please let us know if you are continuing to experience any issues. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same thing here all sensors fine

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

Hi @user_0aae54 Thanks for letting us know you're having the same issues with continuous beeps from your touchscreen. Have you performed any troubleshooting steps yet? I have a link that shows how to reset your touchscreen.

(https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/frozen-touchscreen-controller) 

After you have reset your touchscreen I would like for you to open and close a window or door, Wait for the beeps to start and if it's more than two please log into your Home app and check under the activity tab to see if there are any notifications of concern there. Such as your touchscreen has lost connection or any message that may alert to any issues. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue. Started this morning. It's periodically (once every 20 - 30 minutes) and it's a double-beep. No errors displayed. Tried bypassing sensors, checked batteries, and even changed the sensor sounds to test.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here