ljmcgeeha's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 11th, 2021 10:00 AM

Closed

Ring Doorbell 2 and Live Video

Have a ring doorbell 2 was working fine, switched out my comcast router for a new one and the live video now will not work.   I am getting event captures and notifications. 

Have seen some posts about setting up DMZ for this device.  Not sure I know what that means. 

Also, saw this earlier response, but old:   got a great tech on a chat this morning and he led me through a solution, which was to go into the admin tool, find the device, select the "Reserved IP" button, save and then go to the setup again...WORKED GREAT!!!  Thanks Bishal!

Anyone else have issue or solved this problem?  Definitely something with new wifi gateway and compatability.

any help appreciated

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

4 years ago

This has to do with certain devices and their compatiblity with routers or gateways that use "band steering" for two different WiFi Frequencies.

More information is posted in this article.

I'm glad you got it working! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Yes... Having this issue for months and no one has been helpful... One company blames the other. Everything worked great until new Xfinity router now ring won't go to live view or let me answer live time. Did you find a solution?

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

Hello @user_2c5b27, thanks for reaching out for help on our forums! Please refer to the article mentioned above. Here is the link again just in case: https://comca.st/2TFWroK. Give those steps a try and let me know if that resolves your concerns. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here