Saturday, September 16th, 2023 5:08 AM

Closed

Recovering camera footage

My camera footage last 7 days ago I want to recover

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

9 months ago

Hello, @user_0aee49 have you tried making sure 24/7 recording is enabled and resetting your Xfinity Home camera? This can be done using the Xfinity Home app.

1 Message

9 months ago

I need the whole month of sept recordings so I can show police 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, @user_1yr4el Video from your 24/7 Video Recording cameras or video doorbells is continuously recorded to the cloud and is available for viewing and downloading for up to seven days.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

8 months ago

What if someone deletes it how can i retrieve it 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Good afternoon @user_yjxvzq, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums! When downloading a motion event clip, it is saved to your device's video/photo library. If the download is deleted from the device, you should be able to redownload the event clip as long as 7 days have not passed since the event occurred.

If 7 days have past, the event will no longer be available in the Xfinity app. Although, some mobile devices will save deleted videos for a certain period after they’ve been deleted. This will depend on the device used to download the video recording. For more information on 24/7 video recording, we have this really helpful article.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

8 months ago

Is there a way to recover videos for the last 2 months?

Official Employee

• 

776 Messages

Good afternoon @user_7c8z4r when 24/7 recording is enabled, it does not save past a 7-day window, but any recordings saved in the 7-day period can be downloaded. 

"How long is video saved?
Video from your 24/7 Video Recording cameras or video doorbells are continuously recorded to the cloud and is available for viewing and downloading for up to seven days." 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here