Lkpolo's profile

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2024 12:07 PM

Closed

Purple glow from camera at night

I noticed that one of my Xcam 2 had a purple glow when viewing the room this morning. I keep the camera indoors in a family room.  There are small windows in the room. I tried to reboot the camera from the Xfinity app and it didn’t help. I then went into the room and unplugged it then plugged in after about ten seconds and dusted off the front of the camera. That manual reboot fixed the issue. I’m guess that the camera had a lightening flash directly at it thru one of the windows that caused this. Has anyone experienced this before? This is a fairly new camera, less than two years old, that has had problems now and then. Any tech suggestions what to do? 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

6 months ago

Hi, @Lkpolo

Thank you for reaching out and creating a new post. I see you saw a purple glow from your camera, which was resolved after some troubleshooting. I haven't seen this reported before on my end yet. Does this still happen after the last fix? 

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

It looks to be fixed. As I mentioned in my original post, I tried to reboot the camera from my iPhone. It did reboot but it didn’t resolved the problem.  I unplugged the camera for a little bit then plugged in again. I’ve checked the cameras a few times today and it looks good, but it’s daylight right now. I’ll have a look at it later night after dark. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Got it. Please keep us updated @Lkpolo. We'll be here if anything comes up.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Early this morning I checked the camera with the purple glow and it looks to be fine overnight. I really suspect that I had a lighting strike nearby that the camera saw thru the window and it froze the night vision. Once I manually rebooted the camera it worked fine. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you for that update @Lkpolo Is there anything additional I may assist you with at this time?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

All cameras are working at this time. Although, does Xfinity have any plans for a completely wireless outdoor camera?  Once that would charge, much like an Arlo security camera. My front door video camera does not offer much opportunity to see beyond the the radius around the fisheye lens because of the placement of the video doorbell. I need to place a camera above the front door to see out to the end of the yard and onto the street. I live in a rural area. My garage camera is above the garage door and sees down the driveway. The back porch camera is above the patio door and see out past the pool and deck. The one spot we need to see is past the video camera fish eye to the road. An xfinity outdoor camera needs an outlet. No outlet there. I’d need to drill thru brick mortar, drywall and plaster blind.  That’s what I see now, if I had a camera higher, I could see to the road past the pine trees. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here