GnarleyKnob's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, August 10th, 2021 4:57 PM

Closed

Permanently Disable Motion Sensor

The motion sensor that xfinity sold me is absolute trash (why am I not surprised).  Anyway, it triggers a false alarm almost every day.  

I know how to "bypass" any sensor right before arming the system.  However this has to be done each time you arm. This is an additional inconvenience and I don't always remember to do it. 

I want to permanently remove the motion sensor from the system. I can't find any options to do that. Anyone know how?

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

@dan9055 - Good suggestion. I tried removing the batteries. It does obviously prevent the false alarm, but the touch screen beeps every few minutes because it can't connect to the sensor.

@XfinityChristina - This is not an acceptable solution, because if I arm "stay" then the alarm would not sound immediately upon a sensor being tripped.  Please provide information on how to permanently remove the motion sensor from the system.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

When considering to arm in stay mode, this only disables the Motion Sensors to detect motion- all other sensors will continue to work as they should. With the false alarms have you checked to make sure pets are out of the rooms, check curtains, blinds or other objects that move in a breeze may set off a Motion Sensor, also check areas in front of fans, air conditioners, and heating vents for light, movable objects? These can all cause the sensor to go off. My cat use to set our off all the time but have since moved the bookshelf she likes to sit on so she doesn't set off our motion sensor while away from the house.

To delete the old sensor you would need to follow the steps at the link: https://comca.st/2UyfrWr.

1. On your touchscreen, tap the Dashboard icon (four squares).
  2. Tap Motion, then tap the sensor you're replacing.
  3. On the Device Settings screen, make a note of the sensor's name and configuration (e.g., Kitchen, Interior Follower, etc.).
  4. Return to the Home screen.
  5. Tap the gear icon then tap Devices.
  6. Enter 4321 instead of your Master Keypad Code.
  7. Enter the Technician Code and tap Done
  8. Tap Sensors & Zones.
  9. Tap Delete Sensor.
  10. Tap the sensor you want to delete, then tap Yes to confirm.
  11. Tap Return to Menu.

This would require calling in to speak with our XH tech support team at 800-934-6489 to get the technician code.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityDena  thank you for that information, I was able to follow these steps and remove the device.

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

3 years ago

just take motion sensor remove batterie and put it back on the wall 

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @GnarleyKnob. I am working to find an answer on how to remove this from the system for the motion sensor. I am wondering when arming your system, do you arm it as "night", "away" or "stay"? That does affect what devices will be used. Depending on your needs, if you are the system "stay" that might resolve your concern for the time being. Here is a link with more information https://comca.st/3ADscyp. Let us know if that worked or not. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here