kgowen4444's profile

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

Saturday, March 6th, 2021 11:00 PM

Closed

Not seeing Camera in Xfinity App

So, from what I have seen the Xfinity Portal is going away and suppoesly I will see the camera in the Xfinity app.  Well, I am not seeing anyting there.   Just info on my bill.   I have had Xfinity Home for a VERY long time and have invested allot of money in camera to record 24/7.  I am using my own router with the Xfinity Sidecar router.     When will I see the camera n t he Xfinity app?  I hope I will not be losing this since I bought SEVERAL camera from Xfinity and it has worked ok all this time.  Why must features be taken away?  

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

3 years ago

No, I do not see that option.   

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, it is the Xfinity app.   I never used the Xfi app since i have my own router.   My security system is set up through the Xfinity Security Side Car router.   This has been set up by the techs and has worked for years.   All the xfinity app shows currently is my billing details....  And a menue at the top right giving me option to check data usage, plan details and option to activate modems  (which I have already activated a number of years ago)

Official Employee

• 

498 Messages

3 years ago

kgowen4444 -

We definitely have plans in one of the next major releases of the Xfinity App to allow customers who do not have our  Xfinity Wireless Gateway to also be able to view their Xfinity Home Cameras.  This will occur not too long after the decommissioning of the Xfinity Home Web Portal.  As soon as I have any concrete info on a release date, I'll post it here!

Until then, you will still be able to see your live camera feeds as well as review your 24/7 video motion events in the Xfinity Home Mobile App, as well as on your TV by saying "Xfinity Home Cameras" into your voice remote if you have X1 service.

Albeit clunky, if you needed to review video from a specific day and time in the XH Mobile App, you would be able to select the Motion Event that occurred just prior to that time, drag the playback slider bar to the end of the ~ 2 minute video clip, and then click "Play More" - this would allow you to fast forward in 2 minute increments until you reach the time you wish to view.  This will become much easier to navigate once you have access to your cameras in the Xfinity App.  😊

(edited)

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

3 years ago

Ahh ok, I hope they get that resolved soon and it does not get swept under the rug.  I have allot of money invested in cameras for this system to have it go to waste and become expensive paperweights.    I have been with Comcast since 99... Lets hope this happens  Thanks for your info

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This is ridiculous paying this money for it and because I own my own modem/router I can not see my cameras on XFINITY app.  I am going to cancel this service, not at all what I expected.  Can’t even get push notifications of motions.  It’s misleading to say you have 24/7 recording when all it is, is clips.

Official Employee

• 

498 Messages

3 years ago

user_5fca49 -

I hope you decide to stick with us! We are working on a solution which will allow with Customer Owned and Managed (COAM) devices to have access to their Cameras through the Xfinity App.  This will provide the same experience as customers who have a leaded xFi Gateway, including the ability to turn on Camera Motion Notifications.

Until then, please see my post above - it's still possible to see all of your recorded video using the Xfinity Home app, it's just a little clunkier.  

Rest assured, we're working on it!  Good things to come.

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

3 years ago

Would be nice.     I was told it would be shortly after decommissioning the portal.      I am soooo mad I spend all this money to get 2nd rate service.    I have been with [Edited: "Inflammatory"] since 1997.   I know no one cares but [Edited: "Language"].    

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here