U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, April 15th, 2021 6:08 AM

Closed

Night Vision Cameras

So my security camera I have works just fine until the sun goes to bed. Once it’s night the latest and greatest Xfinity camera does not switch to it’s night vision. I have to reset it through either the Xfinity app, the Xfinity Home app or manually unplugging it for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Once the reset takes it has its “night vision” till the following night. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

Here’s some other info that may or may not have an impact. As of posting I have an XB3 modem which will be upgraded once I get the new XB7 in the mail.

(Added)

Again I had to reset the camera. I then watched the feed and the night vision IR leds were only on for 10-15 minutes then they turned off. Do I have a defective unit?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

3 years ago

@user_947fb1 -

While it's possible the unit is defective, I would also check the positioning of the camera.  Is it possible that a light is coming on nearby that might shining on the camera and "tricking" it into thinking it's daytime?

You should be able to put your hand over the photocell sensor on the front of the camera as well to hear/see the LED's kick in to night mode. If the camera isn't consistently doing that, this could be an indication of a defective camera...

By the way - the XB3 should not be a factor with this issue.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@ComcastBecker Thanks for the info. We live in an apartment complex and the way I have the camera pointing should not have any lights coming on or shining into the photocell to have it being tricked. I will slightly adjust it just in case some reflection from the pool might be doing the trick. Once I have it adjusted how long would you say to keep it up before calling it defective and swapping it out?

4/16/21

I took my camera into an Xfinity store and they said I either need my paper receipt or a tech to come out and diagnose that it needs changed. I’ve put my whole hand over the front panel and nothing happens. When I reboot it I hear what you are meaning and that doesn’t happen when pitch black. I set it up again since the store wouldn’t do anything even though the sales rep I bought it through said nothing could be done at the store if I didn’t have the receipt. I have a tech coming out tomorrow and we shall see what happens if anything. Thanks for your assistance @ComcastBecker

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

@user_947fb1 - glad to hear that you were able to get the right type of appointment set up. Was the technician able to resolve the issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Yes the tech looked at the camera right away and said it was malfunctioning without even touching it. Got it replaced free of charge. Night vision is working great now. I appreciate your help as well @ComcastBecker

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

That is great news! I am happy it is working for you now. If you have any additional questions you can reach out to the Digital Care Team at any time as we are here 24/7 for your convenience! We are a digital team dedicated to assisting customers with all aspects of their account needs from troubleshooting together to billing inquiries and more! Please have a safe and healthy week!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here