afrucci's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, November 29th, 2023 9:02 PM

Closed

New Touchscreen update rendered incompatibility with Older Cameras

I have Xfinity Home security service, and with it I have a home touchscreen and I have three Xfinity cameras: two of the older models, and one newer model.

As of this morning, the touchscreen was not connecting to the two older cameras. 
I did my troubleshooting steps with a chat agent. Completely restarted the touchscreen several times, restarted Gateway, restarted the affected cameras, reconnected the touchscreen to my home wi-fi... all to no avail. 
My gateway works fine, home wi-fi works fine, all the cameras are okay as they work fine on my Home app on my phone. The touchscreen otherwise works fine, it indicates all my door and motion sensors, and it connects fine to the newer camera.
I have a strong sense that an overnight update to the Touchscreen's software rendered it incompatible to connect with the older model cameras. These cameras were difficult to install, with wiring going through walls, so I am hoping to not have to upgrade the hardware just for this. 

Can you please have your Dev team look into the possibility that the new update has this issue? 

From my touchscreen's "About" page I have the current Version information: 10.15.00.000000 (Build 230919151720)

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

[Image Removed: "Personal Information]

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

7 months ago

Hello @afrucci, thanks for reaching out for help with your security system. Our team will be glad to take a look at this in more detail. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here