J

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, May 6th, 2023 11:45 PM

Closed

Need help clearing tampered sensors

I have two XHS2-SE sensors that have the "was tampered" warning on them now. One is on a window. Not sure how that got triggered, I think maybe a cat was playing with it and somehow set it off. The second sensor is on a nearby door. That was had a low battery and while replacing it, somehow I triggered the tamper sensor (even though I didn't think I got close to that switch).

Anyway, now I'm stuck with two sensors in the "was tampered" mode, with no way to clear them.

I really wish there was some way to clear this from the touchscreen console. Seems like I'm not alone in this. Getting them cleared out appears to be a pain [Edited: "Language"]. I talked to a Live Agent and their solution was to just send me two new sensors. That seems extremely wasteful. Surely there's another way?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @JiunweiC if the error will not clear we should also consider scheduling an appointment. That way we can replace the sensors or fix the issue in person as needed. When you have a chance use the direct message icon on the top right side of the page. Send your name and service address to 'Xfinity Support." 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here