Crizzuto's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, June 28th, 2022 11:33 PM

Closed

Moving existing outdoor camera

I need to move one of my xCam outdoor cameras. The cable runs through the wall into my house where it is plugged in. The only way to disconnect the camera is to cut the cable. Is there a wiring diagram of how to attach a new RJ45 connector? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hello Crizzuto, thanks for reaching out to us here with this concern. We would want to get a tech out to assist you with moving this equipment. To get someone scheduled please send me a private message with your full name and street address. 

"Searching for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3kajO4e
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it
See https://comca.st/2XfS9FQ for an example.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I am hoping to avoid any technician charges. Will the tech provide assistance with no cost?  If not I might be able to complete the relocation myself if someone would provide the wiring diagram or instructions of how to reattach an new RJ45 connector. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@Crizzuto There will likely be charges for the tech to come out to move the connection. I would be happy to go over the exact pricing via private message if you would like. Generally there is a $100 charge for the tech to move equipment. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I REALLY would like a wiring diagram of how to attach a new RJ45 connector to the wire I need to cut to disconnect the camera from its current location.

Could you PLEASE provide me with that information???

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

They won’t likely provide you with a [Edited: "Language"] thing, sadly. I had this exact problem. Upon upgrading to the XCam 2’s that I have, I begrudgingly had the technician drill the hole big enough the Ethernet cable fit through with the termination still attached. [Edited: "Language"] way of doing it, having a bigger hole and all, and sadly cause of this, it’s partly why I still stay with Xfinity XH, but at some point I’m gonna look for other options as my security system is constant needing rebooted, etc. 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

This information is not available through us, @Crizzuto; However, as the cameras are customer owned property, we would recommend either a technician through us to relocate or hiring a local electrician. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

That's unfortunate.  I have been a Comcast customer for over 30 years and I can't get a simple wiring diagram.  I know you have the information because one of your techs installed the camera that I want to move.  Are you telling me that you cannot or will not provide me with the requested info?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here