U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Nov 3, 2021 7:59 PM

Motion Notifications on newly installed home security camera?

We just had a new security camera installed and added to our existing xfinity home security system.  Now trying to turn on motion notifications for the camera so that it will send us a text when it identifies motion at our front door.  We are having trouble doing this.  We follow in the on-line instructions but don't have the same screen options that they are stating it takes to do so.  Not sure if it matters but we don't have an Xfi modem/router, just the xfinity supplied modem with our router.  Please help, as the camera does us no good if it doesn't notify us when there is motion. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

25 d ago

Hello! Thanks for visiting our Forums Page for assistance with the new security camera installation. It's definitely important to have the correct motion settings set up. To confirm, is this an Xfinity Camera or a different brand? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_49ff57

yes, it's an xfinity camera - was told for the first time that the new cameras they install are not compatible to setting a "rule" for motion sensor notices on the Xfinity Home app - also told couldn't set it up on the Xfinity app due to not having the Xfi modem/router - very poor training and communication up front from Xfinity - doesn't surprise me though and consistent with all prior experiences 

Official Employee

• 

221 Messages

@user_7f476a, I'm sorry to hear about the prior experiences as well. I feel it would be most beneficial to get your name and service address, so we may review the account, and identify all equipment associated with your account. Please send a Direct Message. We look forward to your reply. 

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wow, great response time, Xfinity.  Good thing I already followed up with the help line.  I'm now having to upgrade my modem/router to the Xfi from Xfinity to be able to get motion notices from my security camera (which was never disclosed at any time) and will now cost $14/mo.  There should be no wonder that Xfinity always ranks near the bottom on customer service experiences....

XfinityTony

Official Employee

• 

289 Messages

We are working to expand access to the Xfinity App (and many xFi features) to Customer-Owned Modems. You also have a 30-day money-back guarantee (returns and cancellations) on all purchases and services for any https://comca.st/30gSmu6 questions asked!

Our official employees do not respond immediately in the support forums. This gives the community a chance to work together keeping true to the original intent of this platform. If you need immediate help from an official employee, you can post in the Customer Service section. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here