O

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, January 13th, 2023 8:21 PM

Closed

kwikset door lock

Is it possible to add my Kwikset Door lock (via z-wave) through my xfinity router/ modem? I don't have a subscription to xfinity home so was hoping to do so without it.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @ompa! Are you able to add your Kwikset Door lock using this link

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Can you confirm if it is possible to connect a smart lock without having home security service with you all? I only have Internet, but when I tried to connect my luck, it was great out in the app. It would be great if you could check on that for me.

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

That's a great question, unfortunately since it is a third-party device you will need to check with the manufacture if it requires more than just Internet services to work. Did you have any other questions or concerns we can assist you with tonight?

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

My manufacturer is supported (Kwikset) but when i try to connnect to your app, everything is grayed out. My question is does Xfinity require a specific service to connect to their XFi gateway?

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Thank you for clarifying. Can you verify what model modem you're using? Some Door Lock models have separate gateway eligibility requirements (i.e., Kwikset Door Locks require an XB6 or XB7 to connect). What model Kwikset door lock are you using? I'm trying to do more research to determine if you will also need to add the Xfinity Home Self Protection plan in order for this to work as intended. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

It is a Kwikset 916 door lock.

Problem Solver

• 

352 Messages

Great, thank you so much for letting us know the make and model. Is your modem in bridge-mode by chance? You may also visit the Kwikset website as well. Which modem do you have active on the account? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here