U

Wednesday, May 15th, 2024 12:53 AM

Interference

What are the reasons that my touchscreen is having network interference? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

Thanks for meeting us in our community, @user_vxjwxu. Can you please share a little more about what you are experiencing? Is this a touchscreen desktop, laptop, or tablet? Are you getting an error message or code?

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

4 months ago

@user_vxjwxu 

Is it your security system's touchscreen ?

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

4 months ago

Are you getting a beep beep from your touchscreen? I’ve dealt with this problem off and on with Xfinity Home Security. A couple techs have visited our home to try to resolve, but it’s never been resolved. The first time the solution was to relocate the touchscreen. That didn’t help. The second time the solution was to just replace the touchscreen. In my experience the solution was to reboot the router and the touchscreen, because relocating and replacing didn’t resolve it.  Are you also have a problem with cameras and/or lighting connected to your home security? On closer look, I was having a camera issue. Cameras were replaced but it reoccurred. After a long time of working with XFINITY techs they determined that it was caused by equipment failure in the area like a node. Luckily, the tech supervisor lives in my area so he was able to determine when there was an equipment problem. I had to contact that particular person by phone to let them know there was an issue. I never heard back from anyone, but the issue was always resolved. About all I can tell you with confidence is that stuff breaks and sometimes the techs and supervisors have no clue what the issue is. If you call Home tech support, they’ll tell you to reboot the router and touchscreen. It did resolve itself eventually. No idea how they fixed it but it went away only to come back a year or so later. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here