macusernow's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, January 9th, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

Interfacing RING home security cameras with Xfinity -- Possible?

Is it possible to interface RING home security cameras with Xfinity? Has anyone done that successfully? I know there are channels identified on the TV side for security cameras, but I don't know what options are possible for those video feeds. I currently have Triple Play but not Xfinity home security. I do have a RING floodlight cam on my garage, and it would be cool if it were possible to view that video feed on one of the cable channels. Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Currently, no

Problem Solver

• 

491 Messages

5 years ago

I'd like to add that I don't believe Xfinity Home will ever permit that. Ring is not secure. U can however return your Ring  and purchase an Xfinity camera with 24/7 recording. I saw on the Xfinity Home website they are around $120 now. Not sure if u can install yourself but it'll be viewed from the apps, tv, and touchscreen. Why would u want to compromise your home security with a Ring? 

Problem Solver

• 

491 Messages

5 years ago

I know people who’ve purchased the Panasonic Home Hawk cameras and router on amazon along with a couple Schlage WiFi locks. They have separate interfaces to manage, different apps. The cameras are motion activated so you’ll get an email and you can program when you want the motion activated. The locks are programmable too and have keys plus a keypad to enter a code. It’s all self monitored so no police called if you have a break in at night or out of the house. Security systems with a monthly monitoring fee have window and door sensors that add a layer of security for your home. Good luck.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Set aside for the moment the question of whether or not I should return the Ring devices. What about these other cameras that you mention, or others that I see on Amazon, for example, and from other on-line sources. Are there some types of cameras that would work with the Xfinity system *without* adding another layer of monthly payment? I already have a triple play for cable tv, phone, and internet. I don't, however, have any sort of home security package through Xfinity. Thanks!

@lkpolovchik wrote:

I'd like to add that I don't believe Xfinity Home will ever permit that. Ring is not secure. U can however return your Ring  and purchase an Xfinity camera with 24/7 recording. I saw on the Xfinity Home website they are around $120 now. Not sure if u can install yourself but it'll be viewed from the apps, tv, and touchscreen. Why would u want to compromise your home security with a Ring? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

4 years ago

Turn off all your Ring equipment and return them, if you still can. 

There've been so many hacks of the system that Amazon is facing a class action lawsuit over them. The details alleged are horrendous. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Why would you want to held hostage with an xfinity camera that would be useless if you ditched cabke?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Year old dead thread closed
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here