U

Tuesday, May 28th, 2024 2:45 PM

Inside doorbell sound changed after install

I just installed the video doorbell and everything works great, except my inside doorbell sound changed from “ding dong” to simply “ding”.  The chime is marked 16 VAC.   Should the inside chime be the same sound as prior to the video doorbell install?  

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

5 months ago

Good Morning, @user_x0hd86! Thank you you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums! I am sorry to hear about the experience the Xfinity Doorbell. Did whoever installed the Xfinity Doorbell connect the doorbell to your existing? Did the Chime box also get installed? 

4 Messages

Yes the Xfinity Doorbell was  connected to the existing doorbell and the Xfinity Chime was connected to F and T in existing chime box by me.  

Official Employee

• 

911 Messages

user_x0hd86 are you able to specify whether you have an mechanical or digital tone for your doorbell?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Mechanical tone door chime

Official Employee

• 

911 Messages

user_x0hd86 In that event, I believe the sound should replicate what you previously heard before the Xfinity Doorbell was installed.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here