lkpolovchik's profile

Contributor

• 

309 Messages

Thu, Jun 10, 2021 11:53 AM

I only want notifications from one camera when the security system is armed.

I paired our newest camera w/o a problem and turned on sound and people only notifications.  I can see the camera on my iPhone, iPad and the touchscreen.  What I would like is to only get notifications when my system is armed away or armed night. I did snooze notifications for an hour but didn’t see anymore choices.  I get a notification on my Apple Watch, iPhone or iPad, whichever is near me.  But I want to only get notifications when the security system is armed.  Is that possible? How do I do it.  If worse comes to worse, I may just shut notifications off until my security system is armed, either night or away, basically I want  to automate that camera for notifications. I do have a lot of rules, but I don’t see that offered in the Home app at all. If a comcast tech is reading this can you help me so I don’t have to spend time on hold. I like the camera better than the Ring Video Doorbell out front. It basically works the same way. I get a notification when someone is at the front door but because I only have one Ring Doorbell I don’t have the option to arm or disarm.  The Xfinity Security System is much nicer.

Responses

lkpolovchik

Contributor

• 

309 Messages

3 m ago

As it turns out there is no rule within the Home app to send notifications to my watch or iPhone while the system is armed.  It’s either Notifications or no notifications. So now I have to try to remember to enable notifications on the camera over the patio door when we arm away.  Any tech reading this, please suggest a rule in the Home app to enable motion notifications for an X2 outdoor camera when the system is armed away. There are some basic camera rules. None of the preset rules, scenes or notifications take advantage of the X2 camera’s ability to detect motion. It’s like it’s not part of my security system even though I can view live video and recordings from the Home app.  

Official Employee

• 

202 Messages

Hello, @lkpolovchik. I hope you're having an amazing Saturday morning. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying our home security services, and that you were able to pair most of your devices to the security system.

Have the option to only receive notification when the system is set to "Arm" or "Away" is an excellent idea! Having to receiving alerts all day while you're at home would definitely cause your electronics to constantly ring to alert you of any motion detected. I will definitely forward your feedback to see if we can add this rule in the near future. In the meantime, is there anything else you would like for me to add to your suggestion? Do you have any additional questions or concerns I can help you with today? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here