Lkpolo's profile

Contributor

• 

485 Messages

Sunday, August 6th, 2023 7:22 AM

Closed

How many cameras can I have

I do have the Home Security Pro Plan as it’s listed on my bill. I thought I could have up to six cameras recording 24/7. I currently have four cameras recording. Can I add more cameras for 24/7 recording or am I stuck at four?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

10 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to our community forum so we can help answer your questions, @Lkpolo! Pro Protection Plus (starts at $40.00) is Xfinity Home Pro Protection with 24/7 Video Recording included. 24/7 Video Recording is a flat monthly rate for up to six cameras and recorded video history will be retained for seven days. 

If you currently have our Pro Protection tier, we will need to upgrade to Pro Protection Plus in order to have 24/7 recording.

Contributor

• 

485 Messages

10 months ago

I already have the 24/7 video recording and I pay $10 additional for the recordings. Do whatever is necessary because I think I’m already being charged for the proper amount plus the touchscreen rental so I should be able to have six cameras if I choose to do so. Thank you 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Gotcha, you can definitely add cameras in the future if you need them :). I have the doorbell and I love it! You can purchase that online as well right here.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

10 months ago

Perfect! If you already have the tier that includes 24/7 recording, you can have up to 6 devices recording :). Would you like me to help with the order or do you prefer to purchase equipment online?

Contributor

• 

485 Messages

10 months ago

I do not plan to order additional cameras at this time, I only want to know if that is possible in the future. My need would be an Xfinity video doorbell when the current Ring doorbell no longer works. Was there other equipment that I need to have the Pro Protection at this time?

Contributor

• 

485 Messages

10 months ago

Looking at my bill my husband and I are listed as Pro Protection Plus. The charge is $49.95 with 24/7 video recording at $10 and a listed Touchscreen at $9.95 a month with an Xfinity Mobile Discount of $10.00. It included up to 4 cameras for the video recording, which I'm sure I already am receiving. I was originally told I could have up to 6 cameras for the video recording. I'm going to call Accounting and see if I can get this straightened out. As I said I only want to add a video doorbell when the current Ring stops working. That would bring me to 5 cameras total.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

I appreciate you checking your bill to get more details about the package you're subscribed to, @Lkpolo! You may be seeing the number of cameras that were included in an equipment bundle, but that is not the same as the number of cameras you can have in your home. I'm happy to double check your account so we can get some clarification. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address to get started. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

485 Messages

10 months ago

I did send a DM but I was finally able to get past the Xfinity Assistant and talk to someone from Home technical support. The bill is simply listing the number of cameras that I have at this time and I can add a total of six cameras to my account including the video doorbell.  I also found out that I must call 1-800-455-1207 to order any of the cameras and have the payment spread out over time on my bill. They can’t be bought at an Xfinity store. They can only be ordered and shipped out. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

I'm so glad you were able to get the answers you were looking for :). You can also reach out to us here if you want the price of the cameras to be spread out in multiple payments. Is there anything else I can do for you today?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here